Having spinach present in it, this chicken recipe offers equal portions of health and taste to a weight conscious person and allows him to enjoy chicken without fear.
Total time: 30mins (10mins for preparing and 20mins for cooking)
- Small onion (chopped)1
- Spinach1 cup
- Lemon peel1 teaspoon
- Feta cheese (crumbled)¼ cup
- Skinless chicken breasts (boneless)8 oz.
- Salt1 teaspoon
- Black pepper1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil1 teaspoon
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Sautee onions for 5 minutes until they turn golden.
3. Steam the spinach in pan. Stir in feta cheese, lemon zest, pepper and salt and set it aside.
4. Spread the spinach mixture on all of the chicken breasts equally then roll them up and secure them with a toothpick.
5. In the skillet, heat the unused oil at medium-high heat.
6. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes until it turns golden brown and is completely cooked. Now remove toothpicks.