Pork chops are versatile type of meat which can taste good with various flavor combinations and cook in different ways. They are delicious and can be a quick option for a weeknight dinner and even on special occasions. Here you will find details on how to cook pork chops in various ways like pan frying on the stove, oven baking, grilling or broiling.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Pan
Mix flour with cayenne, salt and black pepper.
Coat the pork chops in the flour mix and keep aside.
Heat canola oil on medium heat, add butter and cook the pork chops when the oil and butter mixture is hot.
Cook the pork chops for 2-3 minutes and flip, cook till they turn golden brown.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Oven
Pour butter and coat the entire bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Whisk egg and milk in a bowl and dip the pork chops in this mixture.
Drip off the excess mixture and transfer the chops to the baking dish.
Season with garlic powder and salt.
Bake the pork chops for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees F.
Flip the chops and season on other side and cook for 10 minutes.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Grill
Whisk honey, oil, vinegar, cumin and red pepper flakes in a bowl to make the marinade.
Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
Place the pork chops in a resealable bag with the marinade and rest for 1 hour.
Heat the grill on medium heat.
Remove the pork chops, lightly season with salt and pepper again and place on the grill.
Cook until the chops are not pink in the center, which takes around 4 minutes.
- Choosing the right chops is important. Grilling is successful when the right cut is selected. Chops which are comprised of pork loin taste better because it has high fat which cooks well in the heat and gives good flavor.
- Pork chops with bone-in should be chosen because it lengthens the cooking time, and the chop gets a good and crispy sear. The bone also gives the meat a rich flavor.
- Do not trim off the fat from the pork chops. Usually there is a little fat on the perimeter of the chop, which should be made use of when cooking. This fat should be rendered, browned and crisped if you stand the chop using tongs.
- Use salt and pepper to season the chops. The crust should be formed which leaves the chops very flavorful. You should be able to see the crust even when standing away. Salt and caramelized meat make the chops very tasty and mouthwatering.
- The timing for cooking the chops given in the recipe is usually an estimate. It is good practice to use a thermometer. The chops should be cooked till they reach a temperature of 135 F degrees, after which it should be rested and then the residual heat will bring up the temperature to 145 F degrees. If it cooks over 145 F degrees, it tends to dry out, so keep the temperature not over 145 F degrees to get juicy and tender meat.